The pushing rule in short and what it means

Go down

The pushing rule in short and what it means

Post  iCookiees on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 am

The pushing rule is one of the most commonly mentioned rules of OGame.

5. Pushing
It is not allowed for any account to obtain unfair profit out of a lower ranked account in a matter of resources.
Pushing is, but not only limited to, these examples: resources sent from a lower ranked account to a higher ranked one with nothing tangible in return a player crashing his fleet into a higher ranked one for the higher ranked one to keep the Debris Field, and thus profiting from it. Trades must be completed within 48 hours.
The pushing rule is designed to a) prevent more powerful players to "push" weaker players for resources (e.g. "send me resources or I will attack you") and b) prevent people from benefiting from having multiple accounts or friends sending resources and thus gain an unfair advantage against other players (which can make quite a difference in newer universes).

The pushing rules DOES NOT apply for the following cases (some examples)
¤ Higher ranked players (in points) sending resources to lower ranked players.
¤ Correct trades (following ratios and the 48 hour limit)
¤ Headhunts agreed on the Official OGame Boards
¤ Trading moonshots

What this means for the alliance:
¤ Lower ranked players may NOT send gifts to higher ranked players, but higher ranked players MAY send resources to lower ranked players
¤ The best way for lower ranked players to "give" resources to a higher ranked player is to trade at the trade ratio most beneficial to the higher ranked player. Note that trading back and forth at different ratios (selling at lowest, buying at highest) with the same resources may be considered pushing (depending on GM)
¤ Headhunts for resources are not allowed (and we will do it for free if possible Very Happy)
¤ We are still awesome afro

"After everything we've been through, past all the fire and fury... the one thing I know - is that we can count on each other to get the job done. Or die trying, if that's what it takes. Because some things are just worth fighting for. " - James E. Raynor

Back to top Go down